Friday, September 10, 2010

The Snakes Of Change...

Living here on the prairie snakes are an everyday concern during the summer months… I tell kids as they head to their hay fort “take the dog in first to look for snakes,” and other such warnings…

That is MY swing.. NOT his!

For years it drove my mother crazy that I would see snakes everywhere.. dead on the side of the road.. crawling in the bar ditch beside the highway.. She thought it was bizarre since she never saw them.

When I was building this house 8 years ago I saw them on the property… When the house was put on the foundation the contractor crawled under and got trapped by one blocking the exit to the crawl space.. I called a guy the Sheriff’s Dept told me about who “handled” snakes.

He came down my ¼ mile long driveway in a flat bed pickup with hounds baying on the back. It looked like “Deliverance On The Prairie.” He rescued the contractor and took the snake away, maybe made boots out of it, I didn’t ask…

I have since learned that many Native American tribes consider snakes to be a sign of change because they shed their skins. Some believe that if you see a lot of snakes that you are either “pushing” change or “resisting” change. Hmmmm… Interesting.

So last summer, before the divorce from The Ex, he began seeing snakes all around our house. In the YARD where the kids play!!! There were 2 Bull snakes and one Red Racer. He killed the Bulls but the Racer was too fast and got away…. I wondered at the time was he resisting or pushing…

Hunting the Red Racer that got away....
 
In hindsight I know it was resisting.. I was really putting it to him that he couldn’t keep treating me like crap and have anything good in life… He didn’t believe either the snakes, or me, apparently…

This summer I have seen only one snake, a Red Racer up not too far from his house, which is also on the same 160 acres as my house.. I ran over it.. and then analyzed if I was pushing or resisting and swore to the Universe I’d stop whichever it was just no more SNAKES!!!!! Did I mention I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!!

Here’s the funny part… ready? I’ve been walking on the prairie now for weeks and haven’t seen a single snake (knocking on my forehead to keep from jinxing myself) but The Ex has had TWO up at his house. One curled up on a ladder he was about to grab and the other behind his truck…

So… he moved… and took the snakes with him… guess it makes sense.. He’s still resisting change…

Now aren’t all you city people who read this sighing with relief that no matter how you handle change the odds are against you having a snake show it to you? I don’t blame you… I HATE SNAKES!

Oh, and I HATE change too… but I don’t want to push or resist, I live near the snakes!!!!! Eeek!

I was thinking of this fact as I walked today and thanking my angels for no snakes, and thought maybe I ought to share this with you in case you had any change you were facing and pass along some advice from my Spirit Guides… They really do have a lot of wisdom…

WARNING: Not for the snake queasy... 

The Spirit Guides say just channel your inner Britney Spears and dance with the Snakes Of Change…
 
Be willing…

Be open…

Let the winds of Heaven dance you through any changes you find yourself faced with…
"Okay, now you're just weird"

Easier said than done, I know, but it beats a reptilian reminder any day.



I'm willing to see the perfection...I will embrace the change.... ohhhmmmm..
"This feels kinda icky"


Just a brief side note.. the animal in this picture was not only harmed, it was already dead... Just sayin'.. Oh, and the children took all of the photos themselves (the Spirit Guides had a buddy with them.) They'd asked to take the camera out with them to show their buddy the dead snake, I had NO CLUE they'd pose with it... Heck I didn't think my girl would even TOUCH it!

Angels on your bodies.
Prairie Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment