Thursday, August 26, 2010

Do you believe you can speak without words and other phantom phenomena?

Do you believe you can speak to someone without using words... speak to their hearts/soul/mind?... Have you ever just been thinking of someone when the phone rang and it was that person?...hmmm maybe you were on the receiving end of that thought conversation...

I choose to believe we sometimes can.. I don’t know how to “control” it, or do it with any accuracy or consistency- meaning the person will hear it when you think it.. it seldom seems to work like that but sometimes it does..

My angel friend Sally is a hairdresser.. she told me that the other day she and her customer were visiting as things wrapped up and the customer walked out the door still talking, and forgot to pay... This has apparently happened before but the person usually remembers by the time they get to their car... but this gal didn't.. So Sally decided to just speak to her.... Without words... she just started thinking... Joann, you forgot to pay me... Joann you forgot to pay me...over and over... Joann drove out of the yard got to the end of the driveway... all the while Sally kept thinking Joann you forgot to pay me... Joann hit the end of the drive turned around and came back in saying "Sally, I forgot to pay you"...

But more often than not we are unaware. Unwitting participants, we seldom stumble onto the connection…but sometimes we do.

My friend who is a speech therapist told me a story today... she had a sudden overwhelming craving for a milk shake... it was so so strong she had to get in her car at lunch and drive and get one.. when she got to the restaurant instead of ordering her usual chocolate all she could think was she wanted strawberry.. HAD to have strawberry, weird, she thought.. when she got back to her office her next client, a child with autism, arrived with his grandmother. The grandmother said "I thought we were going to be late because he just HAD to stop for a milkshake... strawberry of all things... he always gets chocolate"... It made me wonder who was talking to whom on that one...

In my youth I could talk to someone on the phone and tell them what color they were wearing... nothing else..nothing useful like don't take Route 6 to school you'll be late because of a traffic jam, just useless stuff like colors...

Though once, when I traveled with a southern, charismatic, evangelist, many years ago, I not only witnessed but experienced a phenomenon they call Word Of Wisdom.. which is like getting a brief psychic reading for a person but it’s supposed to be coming from God. Meaning it can come through anyone, anytime, it doesn’t make them psychic.

I got one of these once for a girl I didn’t know. I told her what had “come” to me. It was something I had no way of knowing but was VERY timely & critical to a decision she was struggling with. I would awaken every morning for the next 2 weeks w/her sitting by my bed in the apartment I shared w/several other girls (they’d let her in), waiting for something else.. another “word from God”… I never had one..

All this talk of “thinking” or mind reading made me wonder… so I went out today on the prairie and solicited my neighbors to help me with an experiment…. I discovered I just might be “tele-pathetic” (like telepathic only different… really really different lol)
The morning board meeting, already in session...
Yes, I'd be glad to assist you this morning.
I'm reading your mind..... it says.. you want to be scratched...
"Oh, you have a gift for this scratching stuff"...
I wanna play.. do me do me!
Hmmm.... listening...
You said you have an itch too! Hey I'm good at this...
 Okay, just to be clear... I do NOT believe I can read minds... equine or other.. the proceeding was...well... just cause I'm silly.

So that brings me to my "phantom" sensations... when I became involved again with "him", The Him who betrayed me so... did I mention that I was married to him very briefly 20 some odd years ago and hadn't seen or heard from him in all those years? No? Well true story.... Anyway, in the beginning of becoming involved with him this second time, I would get an overwhelming sensation of being enveloped...like in someone's arms.. it would take my breath away and make me weak in the knees at times... after it happened a few times I texted him and asked him if he’d been thinking of me a minute ago, and he said he had, very strongly... later he would intentionally think about me and when I would text and ask he would say "yes, I've been “buzzin” you for 20 min, nice of you to finally notice". Sometimes I could even tell him what color he was wearing… It’s good to have a talent, even if it is random and you have no control over it…

As the months went on, and we got to spend time together.. did I mention he lives 1500 miles away? No? True story... Well in recent months when we were physically together I would get the overwhelming knee weakening sensation... but when I’d look at him he would be no more paying attention to me then the man in the moon was. Completely involved in something else... It wasn't him "thinking" that way about me...

I asked him about it once and he said then that he thought it was phantom sensations.... like amputees get when the feel the need to itch a limb that is no longer there... Or like I get when I feel a vibration in my bra only to find my cell phone is on the counter and NOT vibrating... phantom sensations... He said he’d heard a news story recently that people who wear their cell phones on their bodies, like on their belt, or in their bra, report feeling a vibrations in that part of their bodies even when the phone isn’t there…. He said that must be what I was feeling when it wasn’t him..

So all day yesterday, for the first time in weeks actually, at random times like while driving, or trying to hold an intelligent conversation, that knee weakening, toe curling, innards to jelly, sensation would come over me...... He's with the new love of his life, can't be him. So what is it? Who is it? Anyone? No one? Just a sign of sleep deprivation, though I slept pretty well the night before... Restless leg syndrome that spread like a fungus? Sign I need psychiatric help? I seem pretty competent in ever other area of my life...

Would it be bad if I said that I sort of hoped… it was the Diamond? You know….The real thing I’ve been trying to keep up the faith for?

In the movie Always with Richard Dryfus & Holly Hunter they propose that crazy old hobo’s are like radio stations and can “broadcast” things they “hear” from the “other side”… This morning I read that “even scoundrels and arch-thieves can be bearers of wisdom”…. Maybe that’s really what The Him was… a crazy scoundrel broadcasting hope from my happy destiny in the future… And I just didn’t listen when he quit broadcasting the future and became just crazy causing me pain.. that was when I was supposed to let him go… he’d done what he was sent to do…

Maybe I didn’t listen until the pain became so great as to be unavoidable and the decision was then taken out of my hands…. After all.. I have been very busy calling my happy destiny into existence.. “Claiming” it through positive words and thoughts… For IT to come The Him had to leave right?

What do you think?

If this tumbleweed happens to stop today up against your boot, or stiletto, or flip flop, I’d like to hear your thoughts, and experiences with speaking without words or phantom phenomena… tie it to a tumbleweed and send it back across the prairie to me would you?…I’m here… alone… all day… well, all week actually…could ya tell?

Prairie Girl.

8 comments:

  1. Quick! What color am I wearing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me and I'll try and guess! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait! It's coming to me... Blue!.. No green! Wait... Orange!... Oh man, no...You're naked! That's not playing fair sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust your instincts Goober! Its Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once had a dream and when I started to tell my lover about it, he described having just had the same dream. I mean, he knew "then that happened, and the car was red, and it was a convertible...." THAT was eerie. Plus, my mother came to me in a dream shortly after she died and I know in my soul that was a visitation. Now that I think of it, most of the psychic-y things I've experienced have come through dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool Betsy... I never remember my dreams.. The part about your mom reminds me of my youngest. She was 4 when my grandmother died, and they were very close. For about a week she would say things like "there's Hoopes (what she called grandma) sitting on her swing", or "Hoopes hug me"... then one day she said something and I said "do you see Hoopes?" and she said "No mom, Hoopes dead" in a very exasperated tone... kinda like where had I been, she was sure I was at the funeral..

    ReplyDelete
  7. That just gave me chills...I didn't know your grandma died. I remember meeting her. I'm glad your kids got to know her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And someday, maybe, tell the story about how your horse "told" you it was time to go to the hospital when Tehya was about to be born! Talk about psychic friends...

    ReplyDelete