Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oh Ye Of Little Faith - A Fairy Tale


A long time ago in a place that doesn’t really exist.. There was a beautiful girl…She was magic. Part healer, part siren, she could heal your body with her touch,  minister to your soul with her words, and dazzle your eyes with her beauty.

It was this last part that caused her untold grief. Men would promise anything. Pretend to be anything… to supposedly win her heart, but in reality they wanted to posses her gifts. Then, when she loved them, and gave herself to them they would not feed her spirit. They refused to tend to her, or nourish her. When, as a result of this treatment, her gifts would grow weak and disappear,  they would misuse her and treat her cruelly…

So..one day when she was free, she decided to create a “spell”… a curse possibly, but one that she believed would protect her from the wrong men and bring her only the right one..

She left her beautiful palace and went into a wasteland, building a quiet cottage on a pond. She disquised herself in rags and dirt, letting her hair grow long and tangled..

No ordinary man that passed by would know her as  the perfectly beautiful, magic, woman who was said to be hiding out there.

No ordinary man who passed by would ever know by simply looking that her arms were the Sanctuary that would give him peace from pursuers.
Her voice was the torch that would light his way home through the darkest night…
Her words were the medicine that would soothe his soul…
Her body the balm that would heal his wounds, and bathe him in pleasure…
Her smile the water that would quench his thirst…
Or her eyes the messengers that would call him to love….

No ordinary man… but the true man.. the man she had not waited for because she had not believed he existed… He would know her… He would recognize her..That is the “spell” she cast into the Universe…

Many men passed by.. they drank the water she offered them and felt more refreshed than water alone could make them feel... They listened to her words and felt more hope than words had brought before…

They felt drawn to her but could not understand why.. She did not appear to them as beautiful, or attractive…But her eyes.. her lips… there was something about them… As though once she might have been beautiful… No mind… they were on a quest to find the Perfect Beauty, because SHE was magic…SHE would give them healing and pleasure, and everything they desired from a woman…

Then one day there was a stir in the wasteland… The woman could see a figure walking in the distance… And behind him, everywhere he passed, green appeared…

As he drew closer she could see that it was a Knight wearing armor that was dented and covered in blood and muck. He walked with his hand on the hilt of his sword as if expecting to have to fight at any moment.

A man who had seen great battles.. Yet, with every step he took, grass grew in the print he left behind… Springs of water, long dried up began to burble… But he did not see any of this. His helmet prevented him from seeing to the left or right and his purpose kept him from looking behind.. He did not hear the cries of thanks from the people he passed…Clueless in armor was he.

As he came to the woman’s pond she spoke to him… So mesmerized was he by her words, her voice, that he could not look away… He drank her water and was refreshed. He listened to her words and was soothed like he never thought to be again…Her eyes, he felt that he could look into them forever..

She had never met a man so aware of her gifts. So close to recognizing her for who she was…

She offered him something she offered no other. The gift that would be the tell tale test. She told him if he would remove his armor she would minister to his wounds with her hands. Doing so would reveal her identity with the healing of her touch.. But he refused. He said he was on a quest to find the Beauty Of The Wasteland, and that he was saving his wounds for her.. SHE was Magic, and he had fought long and hard to be with Magic…

As he turned and walked away the woman was almost overcome by the need to reveal herself to him… He had to be the one she was waiting for.. He just needed another minute to see it…

A hand on her arm stopped her and she turned to see a Wise Crone…The Crone said “just because he is the best man to find you, does not mean he is the best man that WILL find you…. And THAT man will stay.”

The End.

I told you that I hear a resounding “oh ye of little faith” in my head… I’m working on it though…

I do feel more peaceful, and believing…

I had this thought recently… What if last fall when I was overcome by a voice I've never heard before.. An urge to do something I swore I would never do.. Move to Oklahoma. What if that was that my Diamond calling me?

I just couldn't shake the feeling "I gotta get to Oklahoma, gotta get to Oklahoma"... what's in OK? everyone said.. ah "family, work, IDK .. I just gotta get there"... I faced off to a raging ex-husband and even he could not come up with a reason to stop me...I was faced w/packing a 2600 sq ft house into a 22 ft stock trailer...then living w/family for 6 wks...all because I had to get to Oklahoma... I heard a call..His call..

I’m trying to have faith that my Diamond, if he isn’t near me now, is out there with this overwhelming feeling “I gotta get to Alva, Oklahoma, gotta get to Alva, Oklahoma”… Because he hears me calling to him too…

And when my mind and heart get peaceful.. even if it’s only for a moment.. I swear I can feel him…THEN my mind, the mighty weapon and often BANE of my existence, pipes up… “Where? Who? Why do you feel this way? Huh? Huh? What’s it mean”…. Oh sit down, shut  up, and hang on…Enjoy the moment. Remember “Blessed are those who don’t see and yet believe”… Just feel.. mmmm….and don’t it feel fine…for the moment…lol. Hey once today I got it to last for 15 minutes!!!!! Now that’s what I’m talking about…

This fairy tale message was brought to you by Sleep Deprivation Incorporated…
I’m going to try and take a nap now…

Angels on your bodies.
Prairie Girl.

        

6 comments:

  1. so well done. i love the way you write. hit the poor knight on the head... the ringy dingy will get his attention. one ringy dingy, two ringy dingys....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cowboy, I love the way you write too...

    Hitting the Knight on the head would defeat the purpose, and then neither of them would ever know for sure if they'd made the right choice..

    If, indeed, he is her True Knight but is just too road weary, and bleary eyed to question putting one foot in front of the other... Then I believe, that as he walks away he will "feel" her.. every step he takes away will make him feel troubled, like stepping back into the noise of battle.. And when he stops and reverses that step the racket will lesson.. If he listens...He will hear her words and feel her heart..And if he allows himself to REALLY feel.. He will feel his way back to her...

    She's a much wiser soul than I am though. I would jump up and down and say "hey dumb ass wake up and smell the liniment!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're writing is like a great book you don't want to put down or end! I can tell you've been listening and understanding more in church too! lol I'm NOT sorry but I love watching and reading the wooing and intertwining going on between you and Sundance. You two may never meet and it may be that if you ever do, the magic spell will be broken. But...in the meantime you give this old romantic something to sigh over. hehe

    I'm praying that the Knight turns around and looks back! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb I have missed you so...

    The love I feel from your words feels like your arms around me... Thank you...

    Some days my faith is non-existent. I do know I was NOT better off settling for less than a True man.. but sometimes.... loneliness makes me think of settling.... for less than that "connection" with someone who really "sees"...Those days the loneliness and lack of faith overwhelms me and I think if I don't settle, I will live w/out it forever.

    It's not the connection you can get from kids or friends. It's what you can only get with a lover you ALSO have a deep connection to.. that merging.. where when your bodies cannot press any closer but your energies continue to blend..two flesh becoming one? Cowboy brings that out in me.. "sex and scripture" I tell him...lol

    So for today I'm trying to feel, if not excited, at least hopeful about what is coming down the path next.. WHO is coming down the path next...I want to believe that I "feel" him coming...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy reading your writing. I agree it is like a book that you never want to put down or have end. Thanks for sharing!

    ♥♥♥Faith, Hope & L♥VE!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you WindRider (Pam right?) Angels on your body...

    ReplyDelete