Thursday, November 4, 2010

Always Trust Your Cape

 I bet you already know how this is going to start… “I read something the other day…”  Does this make me too predictable? Lol… Well, I did read something… wanna hear it?

“Life is just a leap of faith. Close your eyes, hold your breath, and always trust your cape!”

It is very fitting of my life at the moment.

Visualize if you will (kind of like in an old Roadrunner cartoon) me falling from a height so great that, even while I write this and you visualize it.. and paint dries… I’m still falling… waiting for the solid ground to appear..  I am trusting my cape..

What’s most incongruous about the whole situation is the fact that everyone who sees me plummeting (hears about my situation) just smiles and gives me the “thumbs up” as I go by… Kinda like they’re saying “good jump!”…. hmmmm …

Meanwhile.. with the wind blowing my hair straight up… I submit.. What else is there? What’s that they say?… “resistance is futile” … Yeah.. that about sums it up…

So… I trust my cape… The cape of all that’s come before me.. every step into thin air that turned to solid ground.. The open trailer who’s load didn’t shift an inch the whole 470 miles from this driveway to Sally’s…and had a flat tire AFTER I arrived…

The opportunity that my house here will offer my mother… the heartbreak that saved me from being used and betrayed further by the Golf Pro… The awakening from 12 years of a bad marriage…

Speaking of my marriage… while I was packing I found a letter I’d written to The Ex 11 years ago (2 years into the marriage) telling him I was leaving him because I wasn’t going to keep putting up with the way he treated me… talk about an eye opener… I don’t know what happened that made me stay, but I am very thankful I stuck around long enough for my Sprit Guides to come to me… Now, I have proof… no one can ever say I bailed at the first sign of trouble… I stuck it out until I almost ate myself into a piano case as a coffin….

I’m trusting my cape… What makes up my cape? It’s my raising.. my family… my beliefs… my faith.. my hope even when things feel the most hopeless…The smiles and reassurances of those watching me leap…How can they have more faith in me than I do? The hands that reach out to me with everything I need, at the exact moment I need it… You… the precious souls that take these notes off of tumbleweeds and send me love and courage back.. My cape…

Did I tell you the house I planned to move into has no time frame whatsoever now as to when it will be cleared out?

Hmmm… wonder what will show up instead?

At this moment, I’m hopeful. Makes me wanna say “what ever it is I bet it’ll be good,” but catch me in a few hours and I may be in tears… If I am just smile, and wave….then holler “good jump!”

Angels on your bodies..
Prairie Girl

Ps.. I got another discouraging word after I wrote this but the wind roaring past my ears made it hard to let it get me down... Guess there is something to be said for moving fast... I'll keep you posted...

5 comments:

  1. Have you heard of Joseph's Coat of Many Colors? Well, I see you wearing a Cape of Many Colors! The color for each day depends on your mood, what's happening that day, and how your interacting with the world in general. For the most part, this cape is bright red. Meaning: you're going forward & meeting each challenge and telling the world to get the heck out of the way, you're going to do it your way! This is the color you project most often to me and others with your positive attitude. Other times, like when you're down or discouraged, the colors are maybe more muted but not for long.

    I think your kids see your cape always as the rainbow with a treasure of unrelenting love and joy at the end. Being sheltered under your cape gives them the safety and security they need. We should all be so lucky!

    We all know that you are doing a free fall but those thumbs up signs are to let you know that you are giving us the courage to take those leaps of our own too. Some of us take an occasional splat but that's life. lol

    As for the discouraging words, the old song "Home on the Range" pops into my mine: "Oh, give me a home, where the buffalo roams, where never is heard a discouraging word, and the skys are not cloudy all day!" May your days be sunny and no discouraging words are allowed! May you be serenaded by cowboys and coyotes under full moons. Have a great new adventure, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, once again you have moved me to tears... Thank you my friend... I love and appreciate you more than you know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's that cape holding up? I hope that it has blossomed into a full parachute and you've gotten a fairly gentle landing to your current location. Hang in there girl. We're all here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girlfriend, I ditto what Barb said!!! If I said it, it would not come out that way at all... but that is exactly what I would want to say to you!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! We are all right here beside you (in a manner of speaking) cheering you on, and staying close so that if you do fall, we can catch you and put you back on your feet again!! Love and hugs to you my new friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SAF Sally says to say that I'm warm, dry, have food in my belly, my kids are happy in school finishing up homework as we speak... All while still being in midair... so to speak... My cape is holding.. not even any ragged edges yet.. Still waiting on a place to live.. We've been "shopping" around while waiting for the rental to finally get cleared out... Still having faith... Still submitting... I hope to write a blog post again soon..

    You guys have no idea how much your love and supportive words keep me afloat... no idea... Thank you so much....I love you guys.
    Angels on your bodies.

    ReplyDelete